Printing has certainly come a long way since the early years where prints blocks were used to the modern day technologies like Inkjet that delivers high speed and high efficiency. However, as the technologies we use become more and more advanced, we discover and invent new processes that deliver even more potential than the one before. One such technical advancement that is going to hit the world of printing in the near future is Nanographic Printing Technology.
Inkjet Vs. Nanography: Which One’s For The Future?!
The idea behind Nanographic printing is to use nano-pigments that offer superior image quality that the inks that we use today. Nanographic Printing Technology is said to replace Inkjet prints, which is the current standard for high-quality prints, in the near future. Now, this begs the question, why we would want to replace inkjet printers in the first place.
The answer is quite obvious if you are familiar with inkjet prints. Even though they can print a variety of colors, that too at high speeds, they fall short in the following areas.
- Inkjet printing results in the ink directly falling on the paper. This results in the paper soaking up the water content thereby reducing the strength of the paper.
- The ink starts to spread a little when it is in contact with the paper fibers. This smoothens the edges of the print, which is not ideal when you are looking to get crisp edges on your print.
- Multiple layering cannot be done using inkjet printers because the paper needs to be completely dry before another layer of ink can be added.
These disadvantages that we have mentioned are not just restricted to Inkjet printers, but also for any kind of printing that uses water-based ink or pigment.
Nanographic printing is made to rectify these disadvantages when it comes to printing. Instead of using dyes or pigment, Nanography uses nano pigments that measure in just a few nanometers. Due to their very small size, they are more precise on paper. Hence, they do not get absorbed into adjacent paper fibers.
This is just one facet of Nanographic printing, as the feature set doesn’t just end with the ink. The new process uses indirect printing rather than directly injecting the ink to the paper which results the fine quality in shopping bag printing, brochure, magazine and all other digital printings.
How Does Nanography Printing Work?!
The process starts with the NanoInk particles projected into a heated conveyor blanket. The heat quickly evaporated the water content, leaving behind a polymeric film. The thickness of the film is just around 500 nm. The film is then transferred on to the paper, ensuring that the paper does not come in contact with the water from the ink, as only the pigment is transferred. This characteristic, along with the fact that it doesn’t get absorbed into the paper fibers result in sharp and color accurate images that have far better image quality than the inkjet printers we have today.
Some of the noteworthy advantages of Nanography Printing are;
- NanoInk or Nano pigments are excellent at absorbing colors. Hence, they provide deep and rich color reproduction than ordinary printing methods.
- The prints are 2-10 times thinner when compared with conventional inkjets or any other printing method. This means that users will find considerable cost savings when it comes to ink cartridges.
- Nanographic printing provides 15% more color gamut than other forms of printing. This means that you will get more accurate colors on paper than with any other method of printing.
- Due to the fact that the ink is dried before transferring it to the substrate, nanographic printing can be even done on surfaces like plastic.
Nanographic printing is now perfected by the company Landa, who netted a whopping $1 billion from investors for the development and roll-out of their nano-printing technology. We can expect to see mainstream adoption of this technology in the near future.
Need reliable printing press services: Contact us now!
Looking for a reliable brand to task your printing needs? Then you have found the right business partner at Liberty Printing Press LLC. We are the most advanced digital printing company in Dubai capable of producing amazing prints per your requirement. To know more, call us now at +971 6 743 1344 or send us a mail at email@example.com